Thursday, June 15, 2006

Larry King part Duex

Well folks...Dr. Mohler did not disappoint on tonight's "Larry King Live". King was featuring a round table discussion on the Episcopal convention to decided on ordaining gay bishops. Surrounded by Anglicans, Catholics, and others - Mohler - the lone Southern Baptist, gave a "no-holds barred" testimony to the inerrancy of Scripture, and the need for repentance among the so-called gay Christian community.

Not bowing down to King and the consistent pushes for ecumenicalism, Mohler took a stand on the Word of God, and let the Truth be known. Going into the interview, I remarked to one of my buddies, that "Mohler ain't gonna make the same spineless mistake that Olsteen* made", and Praise the Lord, I was not disappointed.

It wasn't surprising that King kept Mohler's time to a minimal, seeing as everytime Dr. Mohler spoke, he silenced his opponents. I would like to see a King v. Mohler one-on-one interview one of these days...

Anyways...I hope dear pastor Joel was taking notes tonight, about how to represent the Christ Gospel, and not the Prosperity Gospel. My favorite quote of the show was this:

KING: Reverend Mohler, don't you sympathize with that?

MOHLER: I sympathize with every single human heart wishing to know the one true and living God, but I believe there is only one way that can happen through Jesus Christ and the gospel is about repenting of sin, not celebrating it. A church that buys into the logic of Bishop Griswold is a church that's obligated to ordain homosexuals openly and unrepentant or anyone else because it's moved away from the clear authority of scripture.

===================================================
*- FYI: below is a partial transcript from "Larry King Live" - aired June 20, 2005 with Joel Osteen.

Larry King: "What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?"

Joel Osteen: "You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know..."

Larry King: "If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?"

Joel Osteen: "Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home