Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Where Faith Must Be..

This present age is so full, so overflowing with false ideas, pagan ideologies, godless worship, and spiritual confusion it seems at times quite hopeless. Truly there is no man that I can place my faith in, no man I can trust without question, no man I can believe without hesitation. There is no one to trust, save Christ. Many began with noble intentions and right motives and went far astray; why should I expect this to change? Man is always fallible, always subject to error, always subject to temptation. I do not mean to paint a picture of despair, only a picture of reality. There is only one thing to hold onto in this life, and that is 'Christ in you, the hope of glory.' All else can be stripped, all else can fade, and all else will. If my faith is in men of God, they will go astray or die. If my faith is in wealth, it will be taken. If my faith is in a relationship, it may be lost. If my faith is in myself, it is sure to crumble. If my faith is in family, it will come to ruins. If my faith is in success, I shall find I can never attain. If my faith is placed in any object, any person, any belief, any idea, any organization or institution, anything but Christ, then I shall come to ruin. There is but one who never fails. Let us press into the kingdom brethren. Let us search the Word and know it. Let us seek God that we might find Him. Let us pour out ourselves that we might be filled with Him. Let us pray that by grace we might experience an even greater measure of Grace, a greater measure of Mercy, a greater measure of Faith, a greater measure of God. That portion will fill, that vision will satisfy, that truth will set us free.

In Hope,
EP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home